Jump to navigation Jump to search
PDF commonly refers to the Portable Document Format in computing.
Other uses could also mean:
In education[change | change source]
In fiction[change | change source]
- Planetary Defence Force in the Warhammer 40,000 universe
In the military[change | change source]
- Panama Defense Forces
- P.D.F. (upper case) is an abbreviation of "Permanent Defence Forces" - the standing branches of the Irish Defence Forces
- People's Defence Force - the army of Grenada before the US led invasion in 1983.
In science[change | change source]
- Atomic pair distribution function (Physics)
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation (http://www.pdf.org) (Medicine)
- Parton Distribution Functions (Physics)
- Planar deformation features (Geology)
- Polypeptide Deformylase (Chemistry)
- Powder Diffraction File (Physics)
- pdf and p.d.f. (lower case) can refer to "probability density function" (Mathematics, statistics and probability)
- PDF and P.D.F. (upper case) can refer to "probability distribution function" (Mathematics, statistics and probability)
In software[change | change source]
- Package Definition File (Microsoft Systems Management Server)
- Portable Document Format
- Printer Description File, in earlier editions of Quark Xpress page layout software.
Additional uses[change | change source]
- KPDF-CA, a television station in Phoenix, Arizona
- PDF417, a 2D barcode - PDF means Portable Data File
- PDF Solutions, a listed company headquartered in San Jose, California
- Peace Development Fund, a non-profit public foundation based in Amherst, Massachusetts
- Peak draw force in a Compound bow in Archery
- Playa del Fuego, a Delaware art festival inspired by the annual Nevada Burning Man festival
- An abbreviation of Pretty Damned Funny
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.