Jump to navigation Jump to search
PDF commonly refers to the Portable Document Format in computing.
Other uses could also mean:
In education[change | change source]
In fiction[change | change source]
- Planetary Defence Force in the Warhammer 40,000 universe
In the military[change | change source]
- Panama Defense Forces
- P.D.F. (upper case) is an abbreviation of "Permanent Defence Forces" - the standing branches of the Irish Defence Forces
- People's Defence Force - the army of Grenada before the US led invasion in 1983.
In science[change | change source]
- Atomic pair distribution function (Physics)
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation (http://www.pdf.org) (Medicine)
- Parton Distribution Functions (Physics)
- Planar deformation features (Geology)
- Polypeptide Deformylase (Chemistry)
- Powder Diffraction File (Physics)
- pdf and p.d.f. (lower case) can refer to "probability density function" (Mathematics, statistics and probability)
- PDF and P.D.F. (upper case) can refer to "probability distribution function" (Mathematics, statistics and probability)
In software[change | change source]
- Package Definition File (Microsoft Systems Management Server)
- Portable Document Format
- Printer Description File, in earlier editions of Quark Xpress page layout software.
Additional uses[change | change source]
- KPDF-CA, a television station in Phoenix, Arizona
- PDF417, a 2D barcode - PDF means Portable Data File
- PDF Solutions, a listed company headquartered in San Jose, California
- Peace Development Fund, a non-profit public foundation based in Amherst, Massachusetts
- Peak draw force in a Compound bow in Archery
- Playa del Fuego, a Delaware art festival inspired by the annual Nevada Burning Man festival
- An abbreviation of Pretty Damned Funny
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title PDF.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.