Pakistan International Airlines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Founded||1946 (as Orient Airways)|
|Hubs||Jinnah International Airport (Karachi)|
|Frequent-flyer program||PIA Awards Plus+|
|Fleet size||34 (+5 on order) |
|Company slogan||"We Fly at The Right Attitude"|
|Parent company||Ministry of Defence (Government of Pakistan)|
Jinnah International Airport|
Pakistan International Airlines Corporation, more commonly known as Pakistan International Airlines or PIA (Urdu: پی آئی اے or پاکستان انٹرنیشنل ایرلاینز), is the flag carrier and national airline of Pakistan.
Achievements and recognitions[change | change source]
- First airline from an Asian country to fly the Super Constellation.
- First Asian airline to operate a jet aircraft.
- First Asian airline to be granted maintenance approval by the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Air Registration Board, predecessor of the British Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
- First non-communist airline to fly to the People's Republic of China, and operate a service between Asia and Europe via Moscow.
- First airline in Asia to induct the new technology Boeing 737-300 aircraft.
- First airline in the world to operate scheduled helicopter services.
- First airline to show in-flight movies on international routes.
- The first airline in South Asia to introduce auto-ticketing facility.
- The first airline in the world to fly to Tashkent, capital of the newly independent state of Uzbekistan.
- First airline in the world to start Air Safari with jet aircraft.
- First Asian airline to start flights to Oslo, the capital city of Norway.
- First airline in the world to induct the Boeing 777-200LR, the world's longest range commercial airliner.
- First airline in the world to take delivery of the Boeing 777-200LR Worldliner (Longer Range Variant).
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Services Department was awarded the ISO 9001:2000 certification award during May 2006.
- First airline in Pakistan to operate a flight with an all female crew at command and in the cabin.
- First airline in the world to operate the Boeing 777-200ER, 777-200LR and 777-300ER altogether - all the three variants currently available on the market.
- PIA Flight Kitchens in Karachi were awarded the HACCP Certification. 
References[change | change source]
- "Annual Report 2006 (Part-I)" (PDF). Pakistan International Airlines. 2007-04-03. Retrieved 2007-08-14.
- PIA’s Flight Kitchen Karachi Awarded HACCP Certification