|c. 199 million|
|Regions with significant populations|
|Pakistan not specific||207,774,520|
|United Arab Emirates||1,200,000|
|Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto, Balochi, Saraiki, Kashmiri, Brahui, Balti and others|
|Islam 97% (majority Sunni, 20% Shia)|
Other Religions: Hinduism, Christianity, Ahmadiyya, Bahá'í Faith, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism
The word Pakistani or Pakistanis (Urdu: پاکِستانی) means from or about the country of the modern Islamic Republic of Pakistan or Indus Valley. It refers to a person from Pakistan. Every citizen of Pakistan is called a Pakistani (singular) or Pakistanis (plural).
References[change | change source]
- "U.S. and World Population Clock". United States Census Bureau.
- "2011 Census: Ethnic group, local authorities in the United Kingdom". Office for National Statistics. 11 October 2013. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- Data Access and Dissemination Systems (DADS). "American FactFinder - Results". Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- Government of Canada, Statistics Canada (11 December 2013). "2011 National Household Survey: Data tables – Ethnic Origin (101), Age Groups (10), Sex (3) and Selected Demographic, Cultural, Labour Force, Educational and Income Characteristics (327) for the Population in Private Households of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2011 National Household Survey". www12.statcan.ca.
- Al-Qarari, Hussein (2009-03-29). "Pakistanis celebrate National Day in Kuwait". Kuwait Times. Archived from the original on 2011-06-17. Retrieved 2012-04-14.
- "Europe and Russian Federation", Yearbook of Pakistan Foreign Relations, 2003-2004, Pakistan: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 2004, retrieved 2008-11-18
- Husain, Irfan (2002-11-09), "The Italian jobs", Dawn, Pakistan, retrieved 2008-11-18
- Qatar´s population by nationality bq magazine Retrieved 15 December 2014
- "TablaPx". www.ine.es.
- "K2WebWizard". www.k2web.co.kr.