Paphos is a city in west Cyprus. It is the capital of Paphos District. In 2018, 63,600 people lived in the urban area.
The town is a UNESCO World Heritage site for the ancient Greek and Roman city ruins.
Notable people[change | change source]
- Evagoras Pallikarides, EOKA Fighter, hanged by the British at 19
- Archbishop Makarios, first President of the Republic of Cyprus
- Rauf Denktaş, former President of Northern Cyprus
- Marios Joannou Elia, composer and artistic director
- Suat Günsel, billionaire businessman
- Sonay Adem, socialist politician
- Giorgos Lillikas, candidate for Cyprus Presidential elections
- Stavros Malas, Minister of Health, candidate for Cyprus Presidential elections
- Alex Christofi, Arjatos loxajis
- Özker Özgür, pro-unification Turkish-Cypriot politician
- Theo Paphitis, British-Cypriot businessman
- Andrew Theophanous, politician
- Christos Shelis, footballer