Sydney, New South Wales
Church Street, Parramatta
|Population||25,798 (2016 census)|
|• Density||4,870/km2 (12,600/sq mi)|
|Area||5.3 km2 (2.0 sq mi)|
|Location||23 km (14 mi) west of Sydney CBD|
|LGA(s)||City of Parramatta|
|Region||Greater Western Sydney|
Parramatta is a suburb 23 kilometres west of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Parramatta sits on the bank of the Parramatta River and is in the middle of the Sydney metropolitan area. Parramatta has many facilities such as transport (a major railway station and numerous buses including a free shuttle) and shops (a large shopping centre with major stores such as Woolworths and Coles and many individual stores). It is often a very busy city.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Parramatta (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- "Parramatta (suburb)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 2 October 2008.
- "Parramatta". New South Wales Electoral Commission. 24 March 2007. Retrieved 2 October 2008.
- "Baulkham Hills". New South Wales Electoral Commission. 24 March 2007. Retrieved 2 October 2008.
- "Granville". New South Wales Electoral Commission. 24 March 2007. Retrieved 2 October 2008.
- "Parramatta". Australian Electoral Commission. 19 October 2007. Archived from the original on 26 February 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2008.