Patna Junction railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
The main entrance of the station
|Location||Station Road, Near Mahavir Mandir, Patna- 800001 Bihar|
|Elevation||57 metres (187 ft)|
|Line(s)||Howrah-Delhi main line|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Fare zone||East Central Railway|
Patna Junction, station code PNBE, is a major railway station in the capital city of Patna in the Indian state of Bihar. Located in heart of the city, it is the main railway station serving Patna. It falls under the Danapur division of the East Central Railway zone of the Indian Railways. Patna Junction is one of the busiest railway stations of the country.
The Patna Junction railway station is connected to most of the major cities in India by the railway network. Patna lies in between New Delhi and Kolkata which is one of the busiest rail routes in India. Patna has trains running frequently to Delhi and Kolkata. The city is a major railway hub and has six major stations: Patna Junction, Rajendranagar Terminal, Gulzarbagh Station, Danapur railway station, Patliputra Junction and Patna Sahib Station. Patna is well connected with Gaya, Jehanabad Biharsharif, Rajgir, Islampur through daily passenger and express train services.
References[change | change source]
- "History of Electrification". information published by CORE (Central Organization for Railway Electrification). CORE (Central Organization for Railway Electrification). Retrieved 1 April 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Patna serial blasts". India Today. 29 October 2013. Archived from the original on 18 September 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Patna by Railways". go4patna.com. Archived from the original on 19 October 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kory Goldberg; Michelle Dcary (9 November 2009). Along the Path – The Meditator's Companion to the Buddha's Land. Pariyatti. pp. 200–. ISBN 978-1-928706-56-4. Retrieved 6 April 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Tom Woodhatch (1999). Nepal handbook. Footprint Travel Guides. pp. 435–. ISBN 978-1-900949-44-6. Retrieved 6 April 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)