Pauline Gill is a writer from Quebec, member of L’union des écrivaines et écrivains québécois. She grew up in Bas-St-Laurent and lived in Longueil for thirty-three years. She has been in Verchères since 2006. She studied sociology, pedagogy, history and letters at university. From 1996 to 2001, Pauline Gill was a linguistic reviser for the Collège Rosemont and some publishing houses. She co-founded L’Association des auteurs de la Montérégie in 1988, so she wrote some chronicles in its newspaper by the years. In 2001, she has been co-scenarist to produce a television series on her trilogy La Saga de la Cordonnière. Pauline Gill has accomplished a lot of things in her life.
Before starting only writing, she taught a lot (1959-1996) in primary schools, high schools and colleges. She taught sociology, gerontology and history of Quebec. She has also been a research assistant for the INRS (Briefly, Institut national de la recherche scientifique), sector society and culture. Since 1990, she has been writing full time. She writes history books that talk about women of the past who built Quebec. She wrote the trilogy Docteure Irma, about the life of Irma LeVasseur, first French Canadian woman who has studied medicine. She also wrote La Saga de la Cordonnière, which is about Victoire Du Sault, the first lady to become a shoemaker. Other works are Marie-Antoinette la dame de la Rivière Rouge, Évangéline et Gabriel, and Gaby Bernier.
However, she not only wrote about history. She has also written for young people.
Works[change | change source]
- La porte ouverte, Éditions du Méridien, 1990.
- Les enfants de Duplessis, 1991.
- Le château retrouvé, 1996.
- Dans l'attente d'un OUI, 1997
- Guide pour les aidants naturels, 1999
- La Cordonnière, 1998
- La jeunesse de la cordonnière 1999
- Le testament de la cordonnière, 2000
- Béni des dieux, 2000
- Réveil brutal à la forêt de Bonamandou, 2001
- Et pourtant elle chantait, 2001
- Les fils de la cordonnière, 2003
- La saga de la cordonnière, 2003
- Marie-Antoinette la dame de la rivière Rouge, 2005
- Docteure Irma, tome 1 - La louve blanche, 2006
- Dans les yeux de Nathan 2006 (Jeunesse)
- Le miracle de Juliette 2007 (Jeunesse)
- Évangéline et Gabriel, 2007
- Docteure Irma, tome 2 - L'Indomptable, 2008
- Docteure Irma, tome 3 - La soliste, 2009
- Gaby Bernier 2012