|Type||Public limited company|
FTSE 100 Component
|Industry||Education Mass media|
|Founded||1844 (as S. Pearson & Son)|
London, England, U.K.
|Headquarters||80 Strand (Shell Mex House),|
|Sidney Taurel (Chairman)|
John Fallon (CEO)
|Products||Publishing (books, newspapers, magazines)|
|Revenue||£4,129 million (2018)|
|£553 million (2018)|
|£590 million (2018)|
Pearson plc is a British multinational publishing and education company. They are headquartered in London. It was created as a construction business in the 1840s, but they changed to publishing in the 1920s. It is the biggest education company, and it was once the largest book publisher in the world.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Preliminary Results 2018" (PDF). Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- ↑ Spender, J. A., Weetman Pearson: First Viscount Cowdray (London: Cassell and Company Limited, 1930).
- ↑ "The World's 54 Largest Publishers, 2017". Publisher's Weekly. 2017-08-25. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- ↑ "Private equity to buy Pearson's IDC for $3.4 billion". Reuters. 4 May 2010. Retrieved 18 August 2010.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Pearson plc Official website
- Pearson plc companies grouped at OpenCorporates
- List of Pearson-owned companies Archived 2016-12-20 at the Wayback Machine from the Columbia Journalism Review