|13th Governor of Puerto Rico|
August 2, 2019 – August 7, 2019
|Preceded by||Ricardo Rosselló|
|Succeeded by||Wanda Vázquez Garced|
|Acting Secretary of State of Puerto Rico|
July 31, 2019 – August 2, 2019
|Preceded by||Luis Rivera Marín|
|Resident Commissioner of Puerto Rico|
January 3, 2009 – January 3, 2017
|Preceded by||Luis Fortuño|
|Succeeded by||Jenniffer González|
|Secretary of Justice of Puerto Rico|
January 2, 1993 – January 2, 1997
|Preceded by||Héctor Rivera Cruz|
|Succeeded by||José Fuentes Agostini|
Pedro Rafael Pierluisi Urrutia
April 26, 1959
San Juan, Puerto Rico, U.S.
|Political party||New Progressive|
|Spouse(s)||María Carrión (Divorced)|
|Education||Tulane University (BA)|
George Washington University (JD)
Pedro Rafael Pierluisi Urrutia[a] (born April 26, 1959) is a Puerto Rican attorney, lobbyist, and politician. He was the 13th Governor of Puerto Rico. He was sworn-in on August 2, 2019. Five days later, the Puerto Rico Supreme Court ruled that Pierluisi was sworn in on unconstitutional grounds and removed him from office, effective 5 p.m. AST on August 7.
Notes[change | change source]
- Primera Hora (2009) "El nuevo comisionado residente en Washington, Pedro Rafael Pierluisi Urrutia..."
References[change | change source]
- Pierluisi's assumption of the governorship, is currently being disputed
- "Busca auxilio federal". Primera Hora (in Spanish). January 7, 2009. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- "Senado Registro de Cabilderos". www.senado.pr.gov (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-08-03.
- DÁNICA COTO (August 7, 2019). "Puerto Rico High Court Overturns Pedro Pierluisi as Governor". Bloomberg News. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS.
- Mazzei, Patricia; Robles, Frances (2019-08-07). "Puerto Rico Supreme Court Rules New Governor Was Unlawfully Sworn In". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-08-07.