|38th United States Secretary of Commerce|
June 26, 2013 – January 20, 2017
|Preceded by||Cameron Kerry (Acting)|
|Succeeded by||Wilbur Ross|
|Born||May 2, 1959|
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
Penny Sue Pritzker (born May 2, 1959) is an American business executive, entrepreneur, civic leader, and philanthropist. She was the United States Secretary of Commerce from June 2013 to January 2017.
She is the founder, chairman and CEO of PSP Capital Partners and Pritzker Realty Group. She's also co-founder and chairman of Artemis Real Estate Partners. She is a member of the Pritzker family.
In 2012, Chicago magazine named her one of the 100 most powerful Chicagoans. In 2011 the Forbes 400 list of America's wealthiest showed her as the 263rd richest person in the U.S., estimated net worth of US $1.7 billion, and the world's 651st richest person. In 2009 Forbes named Pritzker as one of the 100 most powerful women in the world.
References[change | change source]
- "Around Town". Palo Alto Weekly. November 9, 2005. Archived from the original on February 12, 2012. Retrieved May 2, 2013.
- Madeline W., Lissner (June 5, 2006). "Penny Pritzker". The Harvard Crimson. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Easton, Nina (June 2, 2014). "The fascinating life of Penny Pritzker (so far)". Fortune. Archived from the original on December 8, 2016. Retrieved November 30, 2016.
- "PSP Capital Partners". Retrieved Oct. 10, 2012. Check date values in:
- "Artemis Real Estate".
- Bailey, Berstein, Burke, Colburn; et al. (March, 2012). "100 Most Powerful Chicagoans". Chicago Magazine. Check date values in:
|date=(help)CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "The 400 Richest Americans: #263 Penny Pritzker". Forbes. September, 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
Net worth: $1.7 billionCheck date values in:
- Sweet, Lynn (2013-05-02) "Obama nominates Chicago exec Penny Pritzker as commerce secretary", Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2013-05-02.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Penny Pritzker at Wikimedia Commons