Jump to navigation Jump to search
Peppers are plants, but there are many unrelated genera
- The genus Piper. It contains Black pepper, a plant that is grown to produce the peppercorn, the dark powder known as pepper is made of.
- The genus Capsicum. It contains the Chili pepper which is most often used as a vegetable
- Sichuan pepper, a condiment that is different from black pepper, and unrelated to it.
- Brazilian pepper, a shrub that is native to South America. It is widely used as an ornamental plant in frost-free regions. Its fruit is sometimes sold as pink peppercorns. It is poisonous in larger quantities.
- Tasmanian pepper, or Mountain pepper, an evergreen flowering plant of Australia and New Zealand
- Ukrainian Red Midget, a plant that produces peppers sometimes referred to at Thai Hot.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pepper.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.