Jump to navigation Jump to search
Periyakulam is a town and a municipality in the Theni district in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. As of 2011, the town had a population of 42,976. Periyakulam is one of the oldest town in Tamil Nadu carrying rich cultural heritage.
Places of Worship[change | change source]
- The Balasubramaniam Swamy temple is located on the banks of the Varaha nadhi (Varaha river).
- The Periyakal Temple and Karanamoorthy Swamy temple are located on the Periyakulam pond.
- The South-eastside Kailasanathar temple is located in the hills.
- The Mounaguru Swamigal Madalayam is located in Periaykulam Town.
- A temple for Varadharaja Perumal is situated in the heart of Periyakulam Region.
Reference[change | change source]
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.