Periyakulam is a town and a municipality in the Theni district in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. As of 2011, the population was 42,976. Periyakulam is one of the oldest town in Tamil Nadu carrying rich cultural heritage.
Places of Worship[change | change source]
- The Balasubramaniam Swamy temple is next to the Varaha nadhi (Varaha river).
- The Periyakal Temple and Karanamoorthy Swamy temple are next to the Periyakulam pond.
- The South-eastside Kailasanathar temple is in the hills.
- The Mounaguru Swamigal Madalayam is in Periaykulam Town.
- A temple for Varadharaja Perumal is in the center of Periyakulam Region.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Census Info 2011 Final population totals". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.