|Commenced operations||October 29, 2009|
|Operating bases||Jorge Chávez International Airport|
|Company slogan||Spanish: Puntualidad y Servicio|
|Key people||Cesar Cataño (Founder)|
Mario Juan Alcantara Chign (General Manager)
Peruvian Air Lines S.A, operating as Peruvian Airlines, is a Peruvian airline. Having received a permit from the Ministry of Transport and Communications (MTC) to operate commercial aircraft for a period of four years, the airline operates 4 domestic flights.
History[change | change source]
Peruvian Airlines was founded in November 2007.
On August 7, 2009, the airline received its Air Operator Certificate (AOC) from Peru's aviation authority.
The airline commenced operations on October 29, 2009.
The airline was shut down by the government on August 19, 2011 due to two incidents occurring in the previous months. It is apparently a 90 day suspension.
Destinations[change | change source]
Peruvian Airlines serves the following destinations:
- Arequipa - Rodríguez Ballón International Airport
- Cusco - Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport
- Iquitos - Crnl. FAP Francisco Secada Vignetta International Airport
- Lima - Jorge Chávez International Airport Base
- Piura - Cap. FAP Guillermo Concha Iberico International Airport [begins 29 October]
- Tacna - Crnl. FAP Carlos Ciriani Santa Rosa International Airport
Fleet[change | change source]
Peruvian Airlines operates the following aircraft (at March 27, 2010):
|Boeing 737-200||5||120||2 stored at LIM|
|Boeing 737-300||3||TBA||2 Stored at LIM|
1 Stored at GIG
In early 2010, Peruvian Airlines purchased a Boeing 737-300 from Brazilian carrier Oceanair.
Peruvian Pass[change | change source]
Pass is the frequent-flyer program Peruvian Airlines created to reward the loyalty of our travelers with many benefits. The card identifying him as members of the Peruvian Pass allows them to accumulate and earn miles for each trip in a Peruvian Airlines routes. Whenever the partner travel Peruvian Airlines, will add miles to your account will accrue Frequent Flyer. They let you get miles for free award tickets on any of our roads.
|Peruvian Pass Classic||Peruvian Pass Gold||Peruvian Pass Platinum|
|Conditions to entry||Membres from 0 to 21,999 miles||Membres from 22.000 to 34.999 miles||Membres from 35.000 or more miles|
Major competitors Peruvian[change | change source]
In terms of domestic flights, here are the major competitors of Peruvian Airlines:
Competitors domestic Peru only
- Lan Perú
- LC Busre
- Star Perú
- TACA Perú
References[change | change source]
- "Corredores de autos dan a luz a Peruvian Airlines" (in Spanish). Gatoencerrado. 2008-12-08. Retrieved 2009-08-27. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Peruvian Airlines history (Spanish)". Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "Peru This Week". Peru This Week. Archived from the original on 11 January 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Peruvian Airlines Fleet
- "Status Peruvian Pass". Archived from the original on 2010-09-26. Retrieved 2010-09-26.