Philip Arthur Hauspurg
|Alma mater||Duke University|
Philip Arthur Hauspurg (professionally known as Phil Haus) is an American actor and entrepreneur based in Los Angeles. Haus is best known as the co-founder of Pheed, a social networking app.
Career[change | change source]
Phil Haus graduated from Duke University with a degree in Sociology & Theatre in 2008. In 2011, Haus co-founded the social networking app Pheed along with OD Kobo. Pheed was ranked the number 1 downloaded app in the Apple and Google Play. In 2014, Pheed was acquired by Mobli Media Group for US$40 million, where Haus was appointed as Head of U.S. Operations. He opened the Pheed House on Mulholland Drive, a content creation hub for artists with the help of Snoop Dogg and Miley Cyrus. Notably, Haus also co-founded and led initial growth efforts for the Yo (app).
Haus appeared in a leading role in Diego Hallivis Game Time (2011), TV Series Punk'd (2012) and Comedy Central Series Onion Sportsdome (2011). In 2017, Haus produced a film Curvature (2017), which was well received by audiences.
Filmography[change | change source]
|2011||Game Time||Vance Halden||Leading role|
|2012||Punk'd||Himself||Appeared in three episodes|
|2013||Darkroom ||Himself||Released in the UK as Dark House|
Personal Life[change | change source]
According to Duke Magazine, Haus married longtime girlfriend and fellow Duke University alumnus Jessica Young in 2014.
References[change | change source]
- "Game Time synopsis and movie info". Tribute.ca. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Pheed: not your grandma's social network". Built In Los Angeles. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- Pozin, Ilya. "Vine Users Flock To Pheed". Forbes. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Mobli Media Acquires Content-Sharing Platform Pheed [Interview]". Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "New app aims to transform social media | Duke magazine". dukemagazine.duke.edu. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Pheed App Bringing Pay-Per-View to Phones". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Pheed is feeding teens' thirst for social media". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- Pozin, Ilya. "Launch To Exit In 18 Months: Pheed Acquired For $40M". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "Large & In Charge: Eastern Consolidated's Peter Hauspurg". Commercial Observer. 25 June 2013. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- Choudary, SangeetPaul. "Why A Stupid App Like Yo May Have Billion-Dollar Platform Potential". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "What's Happened To ~$7 Million App 'Yo' Now That The Hype Has Died". Business Insider.
- "'Love, Simon': Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Game Time DVD Review | The Other View - Entertainment site for gaming, movies, and technology". The-other-view. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Darkroom (2013)" (in Czech). Czech-Slovak Film Database. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "'Curvature': Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Duke Magazine Winter 2015". issuu. Retrieved 2017-10-14.