Philippine Association for Language Teaching
The Philippine Association for Language Teaching is an academic and professional association that helps teachers of English as a Foreign Language (EFL). It is often called PALT for short. Its offices are at the College of Education of the University of the Philippines in Quezon City.
History[change | change source]
PALT started in 1960.
Annual convention[change | change source]
PALT has a convention every year with papers, keynote speakers, workshops, and social events. Its first international convention was in 2001.
Partners[change | change source]
PALT has relationships with several other language teaching associations including:
- English Teachers' Association of the Republic of China (ETA-ROC)
- Far Eastern English Language Teachers Association (FEELTA) of Russia
- Japan Association for Language Teaching
- Korea Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
- TESOL International Association
- Thailand TESOL (ThaiTESOL)
References[change | change source]