|Hockey Hall of Fame, 1975|
December 11, 1931|
Kenogami, QC, CAN
September 9, 2017 (aged 85)|
Barrie, ON, CAN
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Weight||178 lb (81 kg; 12 st 10 lb)|
Chicago Black Hawks|
Toronto Maple Leafs
Joseph Albert Pierre Paul Pilote (December 11, 1931 – September 9, 2017) was a Canadian retired professional ice hockey defenceman that played his playing career for the Chicago Black Hawks and Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League (NHL). Pilote won the Stanley Cup with the Chicago Black Hawks in 1961 and became the captain of the Black Hawks. Pilote won the Norris trophy 3 times one in 1963, one in 1964 and one in 1965.
Awards[change | change source]
Pilote won many awards during his playing career:
- Norris Trophy (1963, 1964, 1965)
- 1st & 2nd all-star team (1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967)
- Stanley Cup (1961)
- Hockey Hall of Fame (1975)
- #59 on The Hockey News' list of the 100 greatest hockey players.
References[change | change source]
- "Former Blackhawks great Pierre Pilote dies at 85". Chicago Tribune. September 10, 2017. Retrieved September 10, 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pierre Pilote.|
- Pierre Pilote career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Pierre Pilote at LegendsofHockey.com
| Chicago Black Hawks captain