Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Genre||Children's stop motion comedy|
|Created by||Otmar Gutmann|
|Written by||Silvio Mazzola|
|Starring||Carlo Bonomi (series 1-4)|
Marcello Magni and
David Sant (series 5-6)
|Country of origin||Switzerland|
|No. of seasons||Original series: 4|
Revived series: 2
|No. of episodes||Original series: 105|
Revived series: 52
157 (total) (list of episodes)
|Running time||Approximately five minutes|
|Production company(s)||Trickfilmstudio Otmar Gutmannn SRG/ZRG/Telepool/Editoy (1990-1996) The Pygos Group (1998) HiT Entertainment (1998-present) Hot Animation (2003-2006)|
|Distributor||SF DRS (1990-1998), BBC Two (2003 - 2007)|
|Original network||SF DRS (Switzerland) BBC Two CBBC (1990-2002) TCC (1994) CBeebies (2003-2012) Nick Jr (2004-present) (United Kingdom)|
|Original release||7 March 1990 –|
3 March 2006
History[change | change source]
Characters[change | change source]
The cast of Pingu includes the family and friends of Pingu.
- Pingu is the main character of the cartoon. He is a cheerful and bright emperor penguin. When he makes loud noises, his beak looks like a trumpet.
- Pinga is the younger sister of Pingu. She is a little tomboyish.
- Robby is seal and a friend of Pingu. He is very clever and an artist.
- Pingi is Pingu's girlfriend.
- Pingo, Pingg, Pongi and Punki are friends of Pingu.
- Papa and Maman are Pingu's parents.
Personality of Pingu[change | change source]
- He does not like green vegetables. They upset him.
- His birthday is 22nd August.
- Pingu's favorite toy is a bear doll, and Pinga's one is a rabbit doll.
- He likes music.
References[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- Pingu official website
- Pingu at Toonopedia
- Pingu at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- Pingu at the Open Directory Project