Planes, Trains and Automobiles
||This article needs more sources for reliability. (April 2012)|
|Planes, Trains and Automobiles|
|Directed by||John Hughes|
|Produced by||John Hughes|
|Written by||John Hughes|
|Music by||Ira Newborn|
|Editing by||Paul Hirsch|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Release date(s)||November 25, 1987|
|Running time||92 minutes|
The movie gained positive reviews from critics and holds a 94% "Fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Siskel & Ebert gave the movie two thumbs up and Siskel declared that was it John Candy’s best role to date. The movie is featured in Roger Ebert's Great Movies collection.
Cast[change | change source]
- Steve Martin as Neal Page
- John Candy as Del Griffith
- Laila Robins as Susan Page
- Michael McKean as State trooper
- Kevin Bacon as Taxi racer
- Dylan Baker as Owen
- Olivia Burnette as Marti Page
- Larry Hankin as Doobie
- Richard Herd as Walt
- Diana Dill as Peg
- Matthew Lawrence as Neal Page, Jr.
- Edie McClurg as St. Louis car rental agent
- Bill Erwin as Man on plane
- Ben Stein as Wichita airport representative
- Lyman Ward (uncredited) as John
- William Windom (uncredited) as Bryant
References[change | change source]
- "Planes, Trains and Automobiles". Box Office Mojo. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=planestrainsandautomobiles.htm. Retrieved 2014-11-28.
- "Planes, Trains and Automobiles". Rotten Tomatoes. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/planes_trains_and_automobiles/. Retrieved 2014-11-28.
- "Planes, Trains and Automobiles". Roger Ebert.com. http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/great-movie-planes-trains-and-automobiles-1987. Retrieved 2014-11-28.