Point Grey Secondary School
|Point Grey Secondary School|
"Honor Ante Honores"
Honour is Greater Than Fame
|5350 East Blvd|
Vancouver, British Columbia, V6M 3V2, Canada
|School type||Secondary school|
|Founded||1929 as Junior High|
|School board||School District 39 Vancouver|
|Area trustee||Allen Blakey|
|Vice Principals||Ms. Annette Vey-Chilton and Ms Darlene Hughes|
|Colour(s)||Blue and Grey|
|Team name||Point Grey Hounds|
|Public transit access||16, 41, 43, 480|
Point Grey Secondary School is a public secondary school in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It was built in 1929. It was designed in the Collegiate Gothic style by Townley & Matheson. It is on Heritage Vancouver Society’s Top 10 most-endangered sites list for 2015. The school is at risk of being damaged by an earthquake.
Notable alumni[change | change source]
- Gil Bellows, actor
- Bruce Allen, music manager and radio commentator
- Geoff Berner, musician
- Joely Collins, actress
- Simon Collins, musician
- Jessi Cruickshank, actress, MTV Canada host
- Alicia Dara, singer-songwriter
- Robert Davidson, artist
- Carol Baird Ellan, Chief Judge of the Provincial Court of British Columbia (2000–2005)
- Nathan Fielder, comedian
- Evan Goldberg, comedian, scriptwriter
- Mark Hildreth, actor, musician
- Bryce Hodgson, actor
- Tegan Moss, actress
- Jesse Moss, actor
- Stephen Owen, Liberal MP, VP of External and Legal Affairs for UBC
- Stuart Parker, politician, environmentalist
- Doreen Patterson Reitsma, sailor
- Seth Rogen, actor, comedian, writer (did not graduate)
- Arn Saba (later Katherine Collins), cartoonist and writer
- Scott Sampson, renowned vertebrate paleontologist; host of the PBS kids show "Dinosaur Train"
- Jaime Stein, broadcaster
- Cynthia Stevenson, actress
- Michael Turner, author of Hard Core Logo, Company Town, American Whiskey Bar. Founding Member of the Hard Rock Miners.
- Erin Wall, opera singer
- Kris Wu (吴亦凡), actor and singer in China.
- Adrian Dix, BC MLA for Vancouver-Kingsway
- Barton Lui, Olympic speed skater and Hong Kong flag bearer at the 2014 Winter Olympics
- Sammy Strong, actor, voice artist
References[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Point Grey Secondary School.|
- Naoibh O’Connor (1 May 2015). "Point Grey school tops Heritage Vancouver endangered sites list". Vancouver Courier/Glacier Community Media. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Report Card for Point Grey Secondary". The Fraser Institute. Retrieved 20 August 2015.