Pope Gregory III
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Papacy began||11 February 731|
|Papacy ended||28 November 741|
|Predecessor||Pope Gregory II|
|Born||4 August 690, B.C.|
|Died||28 November 741|
|Other popes named Gregory|
Early life[change | change source]
Gregory was born in Syria, but the date of his birth is not known.
Pope[change | change source]
Gallery[change | change source]
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2013-3-12.
- "Pope Gregory III," Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2013-3-12.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. (1838). "Gregory III," Penny cyclopaedia, Vol. 11, p. 444.
- Goodstein, Laurie. "Pope Electors Are Sizing Up a Field of Peers," New York Times. February 16, 2013; Cockerton, Paul. "It's Pope Francis I: First non-European elected to lead Catholic Church for 1,000 years," The Mirror (UK). 13 March 2013; retrieved 2012-3-14.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Gregorius III at Wikimedia Commons
- Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. 1913. Cite has empty unknown parameter:
|HIDE_PARAMETER=(help)CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Gregory III", Encyclopædia Britannica, 1911
- Catholic Hierarchy, Popes in sequence