Pope Innocent III
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Bishop of Rome|
|Papacy began||8 January 1198|
|Papacy ended||16 July 1216|
|Ordination||21 February 1198|
|Consecration||22 February 1198|
|Created cardinal||September 1190|
by Clement III
|Birth name||Lotario de' Conti di Segni|
|Born||1160 or 1161|
Gavignano, Papal States
|Died||16 July 1216 (aged 55–56)|
Perugia, Papal States
|Other popes named Innocent|
Early life[change | change source]
Cardinal[change | change source]
Pope[change | change source]
Cardinal Segni was unanimously elected pope on January 8, 1198; and he took the name of Innocent III.
Pope Innocent was involved in Italian and European political disputes.
Crusades[change | change source]
Lateran Council[change | change source]
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-02.
- "Agnani", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-6.
- "Pope Innocent III", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-10-31.
- The Penny Cyclopædia of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. C. Knight. 1838. pp. 479–480.
- Chisholm, Hugh (1910). The Encyclopedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information. Encyclopedia Britannica Company. pp. 578–579.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge (1840). The Penny Cyclopaedia of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge: Organ - Pertinax. Knight. p. 198.
- Pope Innocent III", Crusades Encyclopedia (2005); retrieved 2011-11-6.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Innocentius III at Wikimedia Commons
- Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. 1913. Cite has empty unknown parameter:
- Catholic Hierarchy, Pope in sequence
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Segni
Pope Celestine III
Pope Honorius III