Poppy Playtime is a survival horror video game created by indie developer MOB Games. The first chapter was released on Steam on October 12, 2021, and the second chapter is planned to be released in early 2022.
The player plays as a former employee who is going in an abandoned toy factory that used to be owned by the game's company Playtime Co. 10 years after the staff have vanished. In the game, the player goes through a first-person mode and must solve puzzles.
Synopsis[change | change source]
You play as an ex-employee for playtime co., a company that produced popular toys. You can listen to VHS tapes throughout the game hinting to the game’s plot. When you leave the welcome center, you enter a room with a giant statue of playtime co’s most famous toy, Huggy Wuggy. You then need to distribute power to the facility but when you are done with that and head back to huggy’s room. He is gone, you then enter the innovation wing and find your other grabpack hand. You then go through the conveyor belt to reach the make a friend station. When you distribute power to the station, you are then attacked by Huggy Wuggy and chased through the conveyor belts by him. You then enter a giant poppy flower painted on the wall, leading to a toy named Poppy. You open it’s case and the screen goes black and chapter 1 ends. the next chapter will be released on the next year, there will be new music and new stuff to do more graphics and new stuff to beat which will be inside the game in the next update/ chapter aka don’t play huggy wuggy extremely scary have middle jump scares
Music[change | change source]
There lots of songs in Chapter 1. Most popular one being no more hugs, the song play when Huggy chases you. Poppy Playtime can be installed on Steam and other websites.
VHS tapes[change | change source]
The first tape is called Laith Pierre closing and it is about trespassing and the security system. The second is about an interview with a worker at playtime co. The third is about people not knowing what they are doing. The fourth is called experiment 1006 and is about Huggy Wuggy's attacks on the workers. All of these tapes have different locations.
References[change | change source]
- @mobgamesstudios (October 30, 2021). "Mommy doesn't like guests... #PoppyPlaytimeChapter2" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Pérez, Cristina (November 1, 2021). "Poppy Playtime muestra el primer tráiler de su segundo capítulo" [Poppy Playtime shows the first trailer of its second chapter]. Vandal (in Spanish). Retrieved November 1, 2021.
- Livingston, Christopher (October 19, 2021). "This horror game set in an abandoned toy factory isn't playing around". PC Gamer. Retrieved October 26, 2021.
- Freidly, Damien (October 26, 2021). "Poppy Playtime: How To Solve The Security Door Code". Screen Rant. Retrieved October 26, 2021.
- Sant, Sam (October 14, 2021). "Is there a Poppy Playtime PS5, PS4, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch release date?". GameRevolution. Retrieved October 28, 2021.
- Fillari, Alessandro (October 27, 2021). "The 13 best horror games to play during Halloween". CNET. Retrieved October 28, 2021.
- Tom, Levis (2021-04-27). Co-Operative Games. Second edition. | Abingdon, Oxon; New York, NY: Routledge, 2021.: Junior. pp. 137–150.CS1 maint: location (link) CS1 maint: date and year (link)