The Sangam City,
|• Type||Municipal Corporation|
|• Body||Prayagraj municipal corporation|
|• Mayor||Abhilasha Gupta (BJP)|
|• Divisional Commissioner||Ashish Kumar Goel, IAS|
|• District Magistrate||Bhanu Chandra Goswami, IAS|
|• Inspector General, Allahabad Range||Mohit Aggarwal, IPS|
|• Senior Superintendent of Police||Nitin Tiwari, IPS|
|• Metropolis||82 km2 (32 sq mi)|
|Elevation||98 m (322 ft)|
|• Density||14,000/km2 (35,000/sq mi)|
|• Metro rank||40th|
|• Additional official||Urdu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Sex ratio||852 ♀/1000♂|
|Website||Official district website|
Prayagraj (Hindi: प्रयागराज), is a city in Uttar Pradesh state of India. It is located where three Ganges and Yamuna and Saraswati rivers join. This city is a holy city for Hindus. It is best known for Kumbha Mela. This fair occurs every 12th year in Prayagraj. The city was named Allahabad by the Mughal emperor Akbar.
Administration[change | change source]
A civic body called Prayagraj Nagar nigam adminiters the whole city,City comprises 1 police zone and 3 circles of district. And yes its administration is very strict
Roadways[change | change source]
As a main city, various roads connecting the other places. G.T road passes through the city.
Railways[change | change source]
There are 7 main stations in the city. Prayagraj junction is the headquarter of North Central Railway Zone. Daily thousands of trains go to the different routes.
Proposed Rapid transit[change | change source]
In city ,Many lines are proposed for better connections a light rail metro is proposed.
Two lines will be priority line.
- Line 1 Prayagraj airport - Andawa
- Line 2 Shantipuram-State university.
- Line 3 High court - MNIT
- Line 4 Nawabganj - Shantipuram
- Line 5 Iradatganj- Naini
- Line 6 Khusrubag-Johnsenganj
- Line 7 Transportnagar- Highcourt
Airways[change | change source]
Thirthraj Prayag International airport: There is one domestic/Military airport in Prayagraj Airport that holds various routes. There been has a proposal to develop as airport into international airport.
Waterways(riverine)[change | change source]
River Port (near naini) in karchana a starting point of N.W 1 city connects to the Haldia.
References[change | change source]
- Mani, Rajiv (21 May 2014). "Sangam city, Allahabad". Times of India. Archived from the original on 25 May 2014. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- "Allahabad". allahabadmc.gov.in. Government of Uttar Pradesh. Archived from the original on 4 April 2018. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "Census 2011" (PDF). Census India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 July 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above" (PDF). Census India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 October 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "52nd REPORT OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR LINGUISTIC MINORITIES IN INDIA" (PDF). nclm.nic.in. Ministry of Minority Affairs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 May 2017. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Awadhi". Ethnologue. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Allahabad becomes Prayagraj: How Yogi Adityanath decides names of places". The Times of India. 17 October 2018.
- "Allahabad becomes Prayagraj: Before claiming saffronisation, historical and cultural imperative must be examined-India News , Firstpost". 17 October 2018.