|• Type||Municipal Corporation|
|• Body||Allahabad Municipal Corporation|
|• Mayor||Abhilasha Gupta (BJP)|
|• Divisional Commissioner||Ashish Kumar Goel, IAS|
|• District Magistrate||Bhanu Chandra Goswami, IAS|
|• Inspector General, Allahabad Range||Mohit Aggarwal, IPS|
|• Senior Superintendent of Police||Nitin Tiwari, IPS|
|• Metropolis||82 km2 (32 sq mi)|
|Elevation||98 m (322 ft)|
|• Density||14,000/km2 (35,000/sq mi)|
|• Metro rank||40th|
|Demonyms||Prayagraji, Allahabadi, Ilahabadi|
|• Additional official||Urdu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Sex ratio||852 ♀/1000♂|
|Website||Official district website|
Prayagraj (Hindi: प्रयागराज formerly called as Allahabad), is a city in Uttar Pradesh state of India. It is located where Ganges and Yamuna rivers join. This city is a holy city for Hindus. It is best known for Kumbh fair. This fair occurs every 12th year in Prayagraj.
Transport[change | change source]
Railways[change | change source]
There are 7 main stations in the city. Prayagraj junction is the headquarter of North Central Railway Zone. Daily thousands of trains go to the different routes.
Proposed Rapid transit[change | change source]
In city , there are 2 lines are proposed for better connections a light rail metro is proposed.
- Line 1 Prayagraj airport - Trivenipuram
- Line 2 Phaphamau- IIIT
Airways[change | change source]
There is one domestic airport in Prayagraj airport that holds various routes.
References[change | change source]
- Mani, Rajiv (21 May 2014). "Sangam city, Allahabad". Times of India. Archived from the original on 25 May 2014. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- "City of Prime Ministers". Government of Uttar Pradesh. Archived from the original on 13 August 2014. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- "Nicknames of Indian Cities – Complete List". 26 October 2017. Archived from the original on 15 March 2018. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- "Allahabad". allahabadmc.gov.in. Government of Uttar Pradesh. Archived from the original on 4 April 2018. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "Census 2011" (PDF). Census India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 July 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above" (PDF). Census India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 October 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "52nd REPORT OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR LINGUISTIC MINORITIES IN INDIA" (PDF). nclm.nic.in. Ministry of Minority Affairs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 May 2017. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Awadhi". Ethnologue. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Allahabad.|