Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: preservation.|
Preservation may mean:
- The common meaning is: keeping and maintaining to make sure that the object is protected against decay and will be (nearly) the same in future.
Special meanings are:
- Art conservation and restoration, the retention of antiquities for museums or exhibition, also called "Art preservation"
- Case preservation, in computer storage
- Environmental preservation, the active maintenance and advocacy of the protection of the natural environment
- Digital preservation, the management of digital information over time
- Film preservation, rescuing aging film stock and preserving recorded images
- Food preservation
- Historic preservation, the theory and practice of creatively maintaining the historic built environment
- Self preservation, part of an animal's fundamental instinct which demands that the organism survive
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Preservation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.