|President of the|
Republic of Poland
Prezydent Rzeczypospolitej Polski
|Member of||National Security Council|
National Development Council
|Term length||Five years|
|Constituting instrument||Constitution of Poland|
|Formation||11 December 1922 (original)19 July 1989 (current)|
|First holder||Gabriel NarutowiczWojciech Jaruzelski (current form)|
The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (September 2011)
The President of the Republic of Poland (Polish: Prezydent Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej) is the president of Poland. The president directly elected by the people to serve a term of five years. He can be reelected only once. His rights and responsibilities are determined by the Constitution of the Republic of Poland.
In agreement with the current Constitution, the President of the Republic of Poland is the head of state, the supreme representative of Poland and the guarantor of the continuity of government and is prevented from holding office for more than two consecutive terms. This means that the President heads the executive authority, is appointed to represent Polish interests on the international arena, ensures the observance of the Constitution, and is responsible for the security of the state. The President calls elections to the Sejm and the Polish Senate. He has a right to dissolve the parliament when it fails to form a Council of Ministers or pass the budget act. He can (with the Senate's consent) call a national referendum in matters important for the state, requiring the decision of all the citizens.
Living former Presidents[change | change source]
There are three living former Polish Presidents:
September 29, 1943
November 15, 1954
June 4, 1952
References[change | change source]
- "Stanowisko Zarządu SSP "Iustitia" z dnia 03.08.2020 r. dotyczące uchwały o stwierdzeniu ważności wyboru Prezydenta RP". iustitia.pl. 3 August 2020. Archived from the original on 19 August 2020. Retrieved 17 September 2020.
- "Rzecznik dyscyplinarny Ziobry mści się za Dudę. Uderza we władze największego stowarzyszenia sędziów". oko.press. 5 August 2020. Archived from the original on 19 August 2020. Retrieved 17 September 2020.
- "Sąd Najwyższy: sędziowie powołani z udziałem neo-KRS nie powinni orzekać". oko.press. 23 January 2020. Archived from the original on 19 August 2020. Retrieved 17 September 2020.
- "Zarobki prezydenta RP".[permanent dead link]
- "294,000 PLN to EUR - Polish Zlotych to Euros Exchange Rate".