Type of site
|Available in||English, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, German, Italian, French, Hungarian|
|Launched||April 5, 2009|
Prezi is used by 50 million users and 80 % of Fortune Global 500 companies. The project was created in Budapest, and the very name prezi translated from Hungarian — abbreviated form of the word "presentation".
History[change | change source]
The Prezi project (or Prezi.com) was created with the help of Kitchen Budapest and Magyar Telekom. Immediately after launch, the company entered the international market.
During the first year, the company had virtually no funding. After 18 months in April 2009, Prezi launched in Budapest, and 5 months later opened an office in San Francisco. The founders of the company won a prize in the European competition of startups The Europas in the nomination "Best founder and co-founder of a startup". Among investors — Sunstone Capital, TED Conferences and Accel Partners.
A Prezi iPhone app was launched in late 2012.
In March 2014, Prezi pledged $100M in free licenses to Title 1 schools as part of the Obama administration's ConnectED program
Prezi for Android was launched in 2015, and in June 2016.
Products[change | change source]
Platforms[change | change source]
The company runs on the Freemium model, so free users should publish their presentations publicly on the Prezi website. There is a paid service that avoids this.
Prezi Viewer is a program designed for the iPad that allows you to view presentations created on the Prezi Desktop. Up to 10 users can participate in Prezi Collaborate at the same time.
Nutshell[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Why is Prezi Called Prezi? | Rewind & Capture". www.rewindandcapture.com. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- Susan Gunelius. "Stand out from competitors with Prezi". Forbes.com LLC. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- Cluthe, Kirsten (2011-04-26). "Ten Essential Business Tools - Presentations: Prezi.com - Slideshow from". PCMag.com. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Watters, Audrey (2011-01-10). "View Your Prezi Presentations Anywhere Via New iPad App". Readwriteweb.com. Archived from the original on 2012-05-20. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Susan Gunelius (2012-04-18). "Stand Out From Competitors With Prezi Presentations - Forbes". Blogs.forbes.com. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Farr, Christina (2014-02-28). "Adobe & Prezi commit $400M to President Obama's digital literacy program". venturebeat.com. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- not fuly true. should expand further. "Prezi in the classroom". Oregon University State University calendar. Archived from the original on 2014-01-04. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "zoomintoprezi - Latest - How to create a good prezi - World Economic Forum". Blog.prezi.com. 2009-11-03. Archived from the original on 2012-04-02. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- "Chris Anderson: How YouTube is driving innovation". YouTube. 2010-09-14. Retrieved 2015-05-06.