Prime Minister of Nepal
|Prime Minister of Nepal
|Style||The Right Honourable (formal)|
His Excellency (diplomatic)
|Status||Head of government|
|Seat||Singha Durbar, Kathmandu|
|Appointer||President of Nepal|
|Term length||At the pleasure of the president; Pratinidhi Sabha term is 5 years unless dissolved sooner; No term limits specified|
|Inaugural holder||Bhimsen Thapa|
|Formation||25 December 1843|
|Deputy||Deputy Prime Minister of Nepal (multiple)|
|Salary||NPR 77,280 (basic monthly pay)|
The prime minister of Nepal (Nepali: नेपालको प्रधानमन्त्री) is the leader of the executive body of Nepal. The prime minister is the head of the Council of Ministers of Nepal. He/she should be member of the House of the Representative Pratinidhi Sabha. The prime minister is the senior-most member of cabinet in the executive of government in a parliamentary system.
The residence of prime minister of Nepal is in Baluwatar, Kathmandu. The seat of the prime minister is Singha Darbar since the time of Chandra Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana. The basic monthly salary of the prime minister of Nepal is NPR 77,280. The prime minister of Nepal does not have a term limit.
References[change | change source]
- "PM Deuba shifts to official residence in Baluwatar". thehimalayantimes.com. 19 June 2017. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "How much are VIPs, including President and PM, paid monthly?". thehimalayantimes.com. 20 July 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "Baluwatar vacated - The Himalayan Times". thehimalayantimes.com. 14 October 2015. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "PM's Office - Heritage Tale - ECSNEPAL - The Nepali Way". ecs.com.np. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "देउवा प्रधानमन्त्री नियुक्त, सपथको तयारी". Setopati. Retrieved 2021-07-13.