|Born||25 July 1996|
Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York City, U.S.
|Father||Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece|
|Occupation||Student, model, socialite|
|Greek royal family|
Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark (born 25 July 1996) is a fashion model, socialite and member of the non-reigning Greek royal family. She is the oldest child and only daughter of Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece, and his wife, Marie-Chantal Miller. Her paternal grandparents are Constantine II of Greece and Anne-Marie of Denmark, who were the last King and Queen of the Hellenes, while her maternal grandfather is duty free entrepreneur Robert Warren Miller.
Early life[change | change source]
Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark was born on 25 July 1996 at Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City to Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece, and his wife, Marie-Chantal. She was baptized in the Greek Orthodox Church by Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople at the Church of St. George in Istanbul, Turkey, on 22 December 1996. Her godparents are her paternal aunt Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark, her maternal aunt Pia Getty, her grandfather's second cousin Charles III, and Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark. Her family relocated to London, where she spent most of her childhood. She is the older sister of Prince Constantine-Alexios, Prince Achileas-Andreas, Prince Odysseas Kimon, and Prince Aristidis-Stavros.
She studied art history, theatre, photography, and graphic design while in boarding school in Switzerland with hopes of pursuing a career in art or fashion. She interned in Dior's couture department, at the age of 17.
Personal life[change | change source]
In 2016, Maria-Olympia studied photography at Parsons School of Design in New York. It was reported that she was romantically involved with her godfather's son Prince Harry, but a senior official representative of the British Royal Family denied the rumors. In April 2016, Maria-Olympia posed alongside two of her first cousins, Isabel Getty and Princess Talita von Fürstenberg in a Vanity Fair feature. As of 2021 she is in a relationship with Peregrine Pearson, the son and heir of Michael Pearson, 4th Viscount Cowdray.
Maria-Olympia registered at college in New York in the fall of 2015. In 2019 she completed her studies with a degree from New York University's Gallatin School of Individualized Study in Fashion Business and Marketing.
Titles and styles[change | change source]
- 25 July 1996 – present: Her Royal Highness Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark
Honours[change | change source]
Ancestry[change | change source]
|Ancestry of Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark|
References[change | change source]
- "PRINCESS MARIA-OLYMPIA". Greek Royal Family (in Greek). The Greek Royal Family. Archived from the original on 5 July 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Leading world aristocrats in Istanbul". 24 December 1996. Archived from the original on 8 March 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Princess Maria-Olympia Of Greece: 10 Facts About The Stylish Teen Royal". Hello Fashion. HELLO!. 19 January 2016. p. 4. Archived from the original on 30 April 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- Nikita Hoffmann Andersen (28 August 2018). "Prinsesse Maria-Olympia. Hvem er Danmarks ukendte prinsesse?" (in Danish). Elle Danmark. Retrieved 7 September 2020.
- Brittani Barger (24 May 2019). "Princess Olympia of Greece and Denmark graduates from NYU". Royal Central. Retrieved 7 September 2020.
- Marina Pina (9 September 2015). "La privilegiada y cara vida estudiantil de Olimpia de Grecia" (in Spanish). El Mundo. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- Lotte Scharff (24 September 2014). "Hun bliver den nye jetset-prinsesse" (in Danish). Århus Stiftstidende. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- Lewis, Victoria (30 October 2014). "The Princess Diaries: Marie-Olympia of Greece Gives Us the Lowdown on Being 21st-Century Royalty". Teen Vogue. Archived from the original on 20 August 2015. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "The Miller Cousins Are the Ultimate Society Darlings for the Social-Media Age". Vanity Fair. Vanity Fair. 24 April 2016. Archived from the original on 24 April 2016. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- Chung, Madelyn (21 January 2016). "Princess Maria-Olympia Of Greece Is Our New Favourite Style Icon". The Huffington Post Canada. TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. Archived from the original on 22 January 2016. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- "The Miller Cousins Are the Ultimate Society Darlings for the Social-Media Age". Vanity Fair. 30 March 2016. Archived from the original on 20 July 2017. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- Princess Olympia of Greece on Prince Charles: ‘He always remembered my birthday’, The Telegraph, 5 June 2021
- Sinha, Barnali Pal (21 January 2016). "Prince Harry Not Dating Princess Maria-Olympia Of Greece: Royal Source". International Business Times. IBT Media Inc. Archived from the original on 22 January 2016. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- Leah Melby Clinton (28 August 2015). "Yes, Even a Princess Shops at Bed Bath & Beyond for College Dorm Stuff". Glamour. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- Naomi Pike (11 July 2020). "Princess Olympia Of Greece On The Magic Of Couture". Vogue. Retrieved 7 September 2020.
- Kongelig dansk hof- og statskalender 2013. Statshåndbog for kongeriget Danmark - udgivet ved foranstaltning af Hendes Majestæt Dronningens Kabinetssekretariat og Statsministeriet i forening, Digitaliseringsstyrelsen, 2013 ISBN 978-87-995647-7-4
- "Familia Real de Dinamarca: Marie-Chantal Miller, la royal más esperada por su ataque a Letizia". www.vanitatis.elconfidencial.com. 27 May 2018. Archived from the original on 27 May 2018. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- "Some ancestry of the Miller sisters".
- "The prince born to rule who has lived his life in exile". 20 May 2020.
- "How three '90s 'It Girl' sisters married into royal families and unbelivable wealth". honey.nine.com.au.