Protest the Hero
Protest the Hero
Protest the Hero performing at the Warped Tour 2008
|Origin||Whitby, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Progressive metal, metalcore, mathcore|
|Labels||Vagrant, Underground Operations|
|Associated acts||Cheddar Cheese & the Mousetrap|
Protest the Hero was formed in 2001 under the original name, Happy Go Lucky. They changed their name to Protest the Hero the next year and recorded their first EP, Search for the Truth.
The band released their debut full-length album Kezia on August 30, 2005 in Canada and on April 4, 2006 in the United States. They released their second studio album Fortress on January 29, 2008. Their third studio album Scurrilous was released on March 16, 2011 in Japan and on March 22, 2011 in both Canada and the Unites States. The band announced that they were releasing their fourth studio album in Summer 2013. The band said that the album would be crowdfunded through Indiegogo. The album had a fundraising goal of $125,000 and was reached within 30 hours. The band eventually reached $341,146 in fundraising which nearly tripled their original set goal.
Band members[change | change source]
- Rody Walker - lead vocals (2001–present)
- Luke Hoskin - Lead guitar, piano, backing vocals (2001–present)
- Tim Millar - Rhythm guitar, piano, backing vocals (2001–present)
- Arif Mirabdolbaghi - Bass guitar, backing vocals (2001–present)
- Moe Carlson - Drums (2001-present)
Discography[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "PROTEST THE HERO To Release 'Scurrilous' In March". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- "Protest the Hero NEW ALBUM". Indiegogo. Retrieved 2013-04-07.