Province of Viterbo
Province of Viterbo
Viterbo, the Palace of the Popes.
Map with the province of Viterbo, in red, in Italy
|• President||Mauro Mazzola|
|• Total||3,615.24 km2 (1,395.85 sq mi)|
|• Density||88/km2 (230/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Telephone prefix||0761, 0763, 0766, 06|
The province is also called Tuscia.
History[change | change source]
Geography[change | change source]
The province of Viterbo has an area of 3,615.24 km2 (1,395.85 sq mi), the second largest province of the Lazio region.
The province is bordered to the northwest with Tuscany (Grosseto and Siena provinces), to the northeast with Umbria (Terni province), to the east with the Rieti province and to the south with Rome. The Tyrrhenian Sea is to the west.
The province is in the northwest of the Lazio region. Most of the territory of the province is flat or with small hills. The highest mountain in the province is Monte Cimino ( ), in the southern part of the province, with an altitude of 1,053 m (3,455 ft).
Administration[change | change source]
The largest comune is Viterbo, with 406.23 km2 (156.85 sq mi) and the two smallest are Calcata (7.63 km2 [2.95 sq mi] ) and Villa San Giovanni in Tuscia (5.28 km2 [2.04 sq mi] ). The comune with fewest people living in it is Tessennano with 339 inhabitants.
Population[change | change source]
Evolution of the population in the Viterbo province
Related pages[change | change source]
Gallery[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Presidente della Provincia" (in Italian). La Provincia di Viterbo on-line. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Provincia di Viterbo" (in Italian). Tuttitalia.it. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Statistiche demografiche ISTAT" (in Italian). Demo.istat.it. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- "Monte Cimino, Italy". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- "Comuni in provincia di Viterbo per superficie" (in Italian). Tuttitalia.it. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Province of Viterbo.|
- Official Site (in Italian)