Public health observatory
In the UK, a public health observatory (PHO) is a public health and wellness project. On 1 April 2013, the regional Public Health Observatories (PHOs) transferred along with the specialist observatories and the National Cancer Intelligence Network into Public Health England (PHE).
The Association of Public Health Observatories (APHO) represented the network of public health observatories across the UK and Ireland. It became part of Public Health England, along with all the English observatories except Lincolnshire on 1 April 2013. The Lincolnshire observatory continues with the support of the County Council.
References[change | change source]
- John Newton (28 October 2013). "Continuing the role of public health observatories". publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk. Gov.UK. Retrieved 2 December 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Association of Public Health Observatories
- West Midlands Public Health Observatory
- East Midlands Public Health Observatory
- London Health Observatory
- North East Public Health Observatory
- South West Public Health Observatory
- South East Public Health Observatory
- National Obesity Observatory
- Injury Observatory for Britain and Ireland
- Mental Health Observatory
- Lincolnshire Research Observatory