|• Mayor||North East CDC
|• Members of Parliament||Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC|
|• Total||9.57 km2 (3.69 sq mi)|
|• Residential||3.74 km2 (1.44 sq mi)|
|• Density||17,000/km2 (44,000/sq mi)|
Punggol (in Chinese: 榜鹅, in Tamil: பொங்கோல்), which can also be spelt as Ponggol, is a planning area and town. It was built on the Tanjong Pungool peninsula in the North-Eastern part of Singapore. It is North of Sengkang and has a riverline border with Seletar and Pasir Ris. The Straits of Johor is North of it. Coney Island is part of Pungool.
References[change | change source]
- "Punggol (Planning Area, Singapore) - Population Statistics, Charts, Map and Location". www.citypopulation.de.
- "Land Area and Dwelling Units by Town". Data Singapore. 2016. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- "Statistics Singapore - Geographic Distribution - 2018 Latest Data". Retrieved February 11, 2019.
- "Punggol (Planning Area, Singapore) - Population Statistics, Charts, Map and Location". www.citypopulation.de. Retrieved 2019-07-26.
- "Punggol: Waves of Recreation". www.roots.sg. Archived from the original on 2019-07-26. Retrieved 2019-07-26.