Quake (video game)
- Quake is also a short-form of the word earthquake.
Lobotomy Software (SS)
Midway Games (N64)
|Publisher(s)||GT Interactive (PC)
PXL Computers (Amiga)
Midway Games (N64)
Macmillan Digital Publishing USA (Linux)
|Designer(s)||John Romero, American McGee, Sandy Petersen, Tim Willits|
|Programmer(s)||John Carmack, Michael Abrash and John Cash|
|Artist(s)||Adrian Carmack, Kevin Cloud|
Quake is a shareware game. Quake has four episodes, each that has a group of levels. Episodes 1 and 4, Dimension of the Doomed and The Elder World has seven levels and a secret level. Episodes 2 and 3, Realm of Black Magic and The Netherworld has six levels and a secret level. Plus the starting level, which is to choose difficulty and episode, and the final level. And as well, six deathmatch arenas. In the shareware version, the starting level and first episodes are the only levels and episodes that can be played.
Weapons[change | change source]
There are 8 weapons in Quake.
- Axe - This weapon does not use ammo. It is not very strong. The player starts with this weapon.
- Shotgun - It is stronger than the axe, but needs to use ammo. The player starts with this weapon, too.
- Double (or "super") Shotgun - This double-barrelled weapon is twice as strong as the shotgun. It uses twice as much ammo as the shotgun.
- Nailgun - This double-barrelled weapon shoots from one barrel usually. It can shoot nails very fast. It uses up ammo very quickly as well.
- Perforator (or Super Nailgun) - This quadruple-barrelled weapon shoots from two barrels usually. It shoots bigger nails than the Nailgun. It can hurt monsters more.
- Grenade Launcher - This weapon shoots grenades which explode after a while. It can hurt the player if he is too close to the explosion.
- Rocket Launcher - This weapon shoots fast rockets. It can also hurt the player if he is too close.
- Thunderbolt - This weapon shoots electricity. It will kill the player if he used it under water.
Released Quake games[change | change source]
- Quake II
- Quake III Arena
- Quake III Team Arena
- Quake 4