|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; (October 2011)|
||This article does not have any sources. (September 2011)|
In the past Radymno was a town of people with different faiths: Roman Catholic, Judaic and Greek Catholic. Currently most of the residents are Roman Catholic. The town is situated in the Przemyśl Gate on a plateau in the foothills of the Carpathian Mountains, in the valley of the San River, sited on the left bank of the Rada River, on the international road A4 which runs from Jędrzychowice-Korczowa (State Border) to Lviv (Ukraine).
Statistics[change | change source]
- On December 31, 2007 the town had 5,710 residents
- City size - 13.6 km²
- Resources - natural gas, ceramic clay, mineral aggregates
- Status - an independent commune in Jaroslaw district, Subcarpathian Voivodeship
Monuments[change | change source]
- City Centre located in the by market square has a historic urban layout stretching 14th–15th century, transformed in later centuries due to road construction and building regulations. Within the city survived several historic buildings, mostly houses and tenements from the 19th and also the beginning of the 20th century.
- Near the market square the Parish Church of St. Lawrence is located, which was built in 1724-1730 in Baroque style. By the church there is a belfry from 1729 and a rectory of the second half of 18th century.
- Cemetery and the mortuary chapel from 19th-20th century
- Within the city there are several historic shrines
- Market hall was built around 1918 and the synagogue, which was also built in 1918
Tourism[change | change source]
- The biggest attraction is a lake ZEK. In the summer you can rent boats, in the angling season you can attempt to catch a fish.
- The San River
Culture[change | change source]
Jazz Festival Radymno
- From the year 2010 in Municipal Cultural Center take place Jazz Festival Radymno.
- On March 4, 2011 there was II Radymno Jazz Festival in Radymno.
- On 10 February 2012 in Dwór Kresowy there was III Radymno Jazz Festival, starring Lora Szafran and Marej Raduli.
- On February 23, 2013 in Dwór Kresowy took place IV Radymno Jazz Festival starring Magda Piskorczyk i Boogie Boys.
- On 20 February 2014 there was V Radymno Jazz Festival.
- On February 6, 2015 there was VI Radymno Jazz Festival, evening star was Ania Szarmach.
- On 8 April 2016 – there was VII Radymno Jazz & Rock Festival, starring Jazz Band Ball Orchestra, RSC(band).
Radymno Days[change | change source]
- On July 25, 2010-the star of the evening was Andrzej Piaseczny.
- From 17-18 July 2011-star evening Blue Café and Enej.
- On July 15, 2012 – star of the evening was the band Bajm.
- From 12 – 14 July 2013 – celebrities evenings Afromental and Maleo Reggae Rockers.
- From 17 – 20 July 2014 - the star of the evening on July 19 was the team Combination.
- From 29 - 31 May 2015 – star of the evening may 31 was a team.
Podkarpacki Review Choirs[change | change source]
- On April 9, 2011 at the St. Lawrence church took place V Podkarpacki Review Choirs, whose theme was songs of passion.
- On March 24, 2012 in the St. Lawrence church held the VI Podkarpacki Review Choirs.
- On March 23, 2013 in the St. Lawrence church held the VII Podkarpacki Review Choirs.
- On 5 April 2014 in the "The Sacred Heart of Jesus" church had taken place VIII Podkarpacki Review Choirs "songs of Passion".
- On March 21, 2015 at the St. Lawrence church-IX Podkarpacki Review Choirs-the songs of Passion.
- From 12-13 March in the St. Lawrence church-X Podkarpacki Review Choirs-The Songs Of Passion.
Other[change | change source]
- From 18-20 May, 2012 there was opening X motorcycle season.
- I Jurrasic Midsummer - on June 24, 2015.
Sport[change | change source]
Radymno is a small town, but it is highly developed in terms of sport. Currently in the city there are 4 sports club.
MKS Radymno[change | change source]
It is a football men’s club. Military&Civil Sports Society operated in Radymno since 1934. Later, the name of this club has changed. Until now its name is MKS Radymno. The team has its own stadium, where we can find about 1000 seats. At the moment, MKS Radymno plays in the Fifth Division. There are 3 sections age. Currently, Grzegorz Olech is the president of the club. (Official page  )
TKS “Żagiel” Radymno[change | change source]
It is a volleyball men’s club. “Żagiel” is a relatively young club, because it has started its activity in 2010. That’s the only club in the city, in which men can play the volleyball. There are 2 sections: senior and cadet. The senior's team play in the Second Podkarpacie League. Cadets play in Podkarpacie League Cadets. Zdzisław Koniuch is the founder and the president of the club. (Official page  )
KS Feniks Radymno[change | change source]
It is a volleyball women’s club. Women’s passion and involvement womens in volleyball were the main factors why this club was created. That was in 2012. Feniks Radymno has 2 sections: junior and youngster. From the beginning the team play in Amateur Volleyball League. Every year the club gets one of three places on the podium. Also every year Feniks with the president of the city are organize New Year's female Volleyball Tournament. (Official page  )
UKS Giganci Radymno[change | change source]
It is the youngest club in the city. The club was created by involved parents, in 2015. Giganci Radymno is mainly football club, but it has also a chess section. In the club yoy can find children aged 7 to 13 years. (Official page  )
Honorary citizens of the city[change | change source]
- Monsignor Ludwik Dyszynski – a former rector of Parish Radymno
- Wladysław Siara – a medical doctor, a soldier of the September Campaign
- Helena Pawelek – a retired teacher, founder and conductor of the choir Cantillena
- Monsignor Kazimierz Golenia – a former rector of Parish Radymno