|This article needs copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone or spelling. (July 2016)|
Rahul Dravid at GQ Men of the Year 2012 Awards
11 January 1973 |
Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Rahul Dravid is a retired cricketer and former captain of the Indian cricket team. He was widely renowned as one of the best cricketers in cricket history. He is the fourth highest run scorer after Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting and Jacques Kallis. He was born in 11 January 1973 in Indore, Madhya Pradesh of India. He is the only player in the world till date to score a century against all ten test playing countries.Rahul of Salem is a very famous cricketer of the world with two biggest 
Perfomance[change | change source]
Rahul Sharad Dravid played his first debut test match vs England. He met Sri Lanka in his ODI debut match. He played only a single international T20 match vs England.
Dravid played 164 Test cricket matches and 344 ODI matches. Rahul Dravid scored 13288 runs in Test cricket and 10899 runs in ODIs.He picked up 4 wickets in ODIs and 1 wicket in Test cricket. Rahul Dravid made 36 centuries and 63 fifties in Test matches, 12 centuries and 83 fifties in ODIs.
Rahul Dravid is one of the best wicket keepers of his time.His performances in wicket keeping are: Catches\Stumpings in Test Cricket: 210\0, ODIs: 196\14. Best batting score in a single inning of the Test match: 270 runs. Best batting score in ODI: 153. Best bowling performances: Test cricket-1/18 , One day International-2/43.
Other formats of cricket[change | change source]
Awards[change | change source]
- Dravid was awarded the third and fourth highest civilian awards of India, the Padma Bhushan and the Padma Shri.
- He was named one of the best five cricketers of the year by Wisden Cricketers' Almanack in 2000.
- He was also awarded the Player of the year and Test player of the year award at the inaugural ICC awards ceremony in 2004.
References[change | change source]
- http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/28114.html Cricinfo
- "Is Rahul Dravid the greatest middle-order batsman of all time?". bbc.co.uk. 9 March 2012.
- "The greatness of Rahul Dravid". bbc.co.uk. 9 March 2012.
- "'The best No. 3 batsman in the world'". rediff.com. 28 March 2012.