Ramanathapuram district is one of the 37 districts in Tamil Nadu. Indian President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam was born there. It is located in south east direction of tamilnadu.It is coastal area with more palmyra trees. It is famous for its fishing and Production of palm sap, palm sugar,palm jaggery etc.It is one of the biggest districts in tamilnadu by area space.Most of the people doing agriculture as their main occupation.
Paramakudi, Kamuthi, Sayalkudi,Ramanathapuram, Uchipuli, Mandapam, Rameswaram area the main cities of Ramanathapuram district.
● Sri Ramanathaswamy temple, Rameswaram
● Sri kothandaramar temple, Dhanushkodi road, Rameswaram
● Sri bhadrakali amman temple, Rameswaram
● Sri Nambunayaki amman temple, Rameswaram
●Sri Mangalanathar temple, Thiru uthirakosamangai
●Sri Aadhi jaganathaperumal temple, Thirupullani
● Sri Sethu bandhana Aanjaneyar temple, Sethukarai
● Erwadi dargha, Erwadi
● Sri Veiluganatha Vinayar temple, Uppoor
●Sri Muthalamman Temple, Paramakudi
Agni theertham,Rameswaram, Arichalmunai,Dhanushkodi, Pamban bridge, Kundhukal, Villoondi theertham, Kushi beach, Thalaithoppu beach,Ramar patham etc.
Railway stations in Ramanathapuram district
- Valantharavai -வாலாந்தரவை-वालान्तरवै
- Mandapam Camp-மண்டபம் கேம்ப்-मण्डपम् केम्प्
- Rameswaram -இராமேஸ்வரம்-रामेश्वरम्