A picture of Hauser Library, a part of Reed College
|President||John R. Kroger|
|Location||Portland, Oregon, United States|
Reed College is a private liberal arts college in Portland Oregon. Reed was begun in 1908 and had its first classes in 1911. Reed is an undergraduate school. An unusually high number of Reed's students go on to get Ph.D.s after they graduate. Reed is the only private undergraduate school to have a nuclear reactor.
Tuition at Reed is about $44,200 a year. Reed is secular, meaning the school is not part of a religion. The school does not do very many NCAA sports, and it does not have any fraternities or sororities.
People[change | change source]
Some famous or important people who went to Reed include:
- Bud Clark - Mayor of Portland from 1985 to 1992.
- Richard Danzig - 71st United States Secretary of the Navy
- Steve Jobs - Helped start Apple Inc. and Pixar
- Hope Lange - Actress who won an Emmy Award
- Larry Sanger - Helped start Wikipedia