Angélil was born in Montreal, Quebec. It was previously reported that he had throat cancer. In September 2015, Céline revealed that Angélil's cancer was terminal, and that he had only 'weeks' to live.  Angélil died on January 14, 2016 in Henderson, Nevada of a heart attack complicated from the disease at the age of 73.
References[change | change source]
- Shepherd, Harvey (July 21, 2001). "Celine's son a Greek Melkite like any other: Rene-Charles to receive a combined baptism, first communion, confirmation in Catholic ceremony". The Gazette (Montreal, Quebec). pp. A6.
- "Celine Dion: Rene hopes to 'die in my arms'". USA TODAY.
- "Celine Dion: Husband Rene Angelil Has Only Weeks to Live". Realty Today. 7 September 2015.
- "Céline Dion's Husband René Angélil Has Died 'After a Long and Courageous Battle Against Cancer'". People Magazine. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Celine Dion shares heartbreaking details about husband Rene Angelil's death in new interview". MSN. 18 February 2018. Retrieved 19 February 2018.