Republic of Molossia
|Republic of Molossia|
𐐡𐐯𐐹𐐲𐐺𐑊𐐮 𐐲𐑂 𐐣𐐬𐑊𐐫𐑅𐐨𐐲Micronation
Motto: Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
Anthem: "Fair Molossia is Our Home" by Kevin Baugh
|Official languages||English, German, Esperanto, Deseret alphabet (English)|
|Organizational structure||Nominally constitutional presidential republic; de facto Military dictatorship|
|Legislature||National Assembly (advisory only)|
|September 3, 1999|
|0.0053 km2 (0.0020 sq mi)|
|Time zone||Molossian Standard Time (UTC-7 hours, 41 minutes)|
|Calling code||+1 775|
It is made up of Baugh's house (known as the Government House), about 0.001 acres (4 m2) in size, as well as 1.3 acres (5,000 m2) of surrounding property, enclaved by Nevada. It formerly claimed a property in Pennsylvania as well. According to author John Ryan, Molossia is "a hobby that has been pushed to the nth degree." Originally established as a childhood project in 1977, Molossia subsequently evolved into a territorial entity in the late 1990s.
References[change | change source]
- Our New National Anthem Republic of Molossia (www.molossia.org). Janurary 28, 2014. Retrieved on 2014-09-04.
- "Newsbites". Republic of Molossia. 18 March 2012. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "Republic of Molossia - Official Website". Republic of Molossia. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "'Lonely Planet' Explores Micronations". Day to Day. National Public Radio. 2006-11-01. Retrieved 2008-04-19.
Other websites[change | change source]
- The Republic of Molossia official website
|KML file (edit • help)|