|Star Wars character|
|First appearance||The Force Awakens (2015)|
|Portrayed by||Daisy Ridley|
(child, Episode VII)
|Voiced by||Daisy Ridley (Disney Infinity 3.0, Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens)|
Helen Sadler (Lego Star Wars: The Resistance Rises)
She first appeared as one of the lead characters in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Rey is a scavenger who was left behind (for protection) on the planet Jakku when she was a child, and soon becomes involved with the Resistance's conflict with the First Order after meeting Finn, a former Stormtrooper, and BB-8, the droid of ace Resistance pilot Poe Dameron.
Although her background was unknown in the first two movies and her last name was not said as a decision by J. J. Abrams, it was revealed in The Rise of Skywalker that she is the granddaughter of Emperor Palpatine. This disproved fan theories, saying that she is the daughter of Han Solo, Princess Leia or Luke Skywalker or even Obi-Wan Kenobi's granddaughter.
References[change | change source]
- Pulver 2015. sfn error: no target: CITEREFPulver2015 (help)
- Favre 2016. sfn error: no target: CITEREFFavre2016 (help)
- Sadler 2016. sfn error: no target: CITEREFSadler2016 (help)
- Breznican 2015. sfn error: no target: CITEREFBreznican2015 (help)
- Bartleet, Larry (November 29, 2015). "New Star Wars actor Daisy Ridley reveals director JJ Abrams called her acting 'wooden'". NME. Retrieved December 20, 2015.
- "She is an actress, famous for Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)". Super Stars Bio. November 18, 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Rey in the official StarWars.com encyclopedia
- Celebrity Biography, Height, Weight, Age, Wiki, Salary, Family & More Archived 2019-04-18 at the Wayback Machine | in the official Celebrityboss.com encyclopedia