Ricardo Tito Jamin Vidal (Latin: Ricardus Vidal; 6 February 1931 – 18 October 2017) was a Filipino cardinal-priest and the Archbishop-Emeritus of Cebu in the Roman Catholic Church. On 15 October 2010 his resignation as Archbishop of Cebu was accepted by Pope Benedict XVI; he was replaced by Jose S. Palma, formerly Archbishop of Palo, on 13 January 2011. He was born in Mogpog, Marinduque.
Vidal was President of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) from 1986 to 1987, and became Chairman of the CBCP-Episcopal Commission on the Clergy in 1989. He was appointed as the Federation of Asian Bishops' Conferences's Convenor of the Standing Committee (1985 to 1994).
References[change | change source]
- BBC. "Cardinals taking part in the vote". 17 April 2005. Retrieved on 23 May 2013.
- "Cardinal Vidal expresses elation over latest award". balita.ph. 2014-02-27. Archived from the original on 2016-08-29. Retrieved 2016-07-14.
- "Philippines Civil Registration (Archives Division), 1902-1945; pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-26323-20610-60 —". Familysearch.org. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "Ricardo J. Cardinal Vidal, D.D". Cbcponline.net. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2016-03-20.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Vatican Cardinal Bio
- Biography at catholic-pages.com Archived 2005-04-20 at the Wayback Machine
- Catholic Hierarchy – Ricardo Jamin Cardinal Vidal
- Cardinal Ricardo Jamin Vidal at cardinalrating.com Archived 2016-06-17 at the Wayback Machine
- Cardinal Ricardo J. Vidal at cbcponline.net Archived 2016-03-03 at the Wayback Machine