Richard G. Hovannisian
He received his M.A.(1958) degree from the University of California, Berkeley, and his Ph.D.(1966) from University of California, Los Angeles. He was also Associate Professor of History at Mount St. Mary's College, Los Angeles, from 1966 to 1969. In 1987, Professor Hovannisian was appointed as the first holder of the Armenian Educational Foundation Endowed Chair in Modern Armenian History at the UCLA. His biographical entries are included in Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World among other scholarly and literary reference works.
Books[change | change source]
- The Republic of Armenia, Volume 1 (1971) and Volume II (1982), Vols. III & IV (1996) U.C. Press
- The Armenian Holocaust, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Armenian Heritage Press (1980)
- The Armenian People from Ancient to Modern Times, 2 vols. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1997
- Remembrance and Denial: The Case of the Armenian Genocide. Detroit: Wayne State University Press, 1998
- Armenian Sebastia/Sivas and Lesser Armenia (Costa Mesa, CA: Mazda Publishers, 2004)
References[change | change source]
- "Faculty". The Armenian Educational Foundation. UCLA. Retrieved 2008-01-29.