Richard William Huckle (14 May 1986 – 13 October 2019) was a convicted British serial sex offender. He was arrested by Britain's National Crime Agency and convicted of 71 counts of serious sexual assaults against children while posing as a teacher, photographer and devout Christian in Malaysia. He was born in Ashford, Kent.
Huckle was seen as one of Britain's worst ever paedophiles, despite being only 28 years old at the time of his arrest. On 6 June 2016, he was given 22 life sentences with a minimum prison term of 25 years before being eligible to apply for parole.
References[change | change source]
- "Richard Huckle filmed himself abusing children and shared videos and pictures with fellow paedophiles on the Dark Web". Sky News. 1 June 2016.
- "Britain's worst paedophile Richard Huckle who targeted poverty-stricken children faces life in prison after admitting scores of offences". Daily Telegraph. 1 June 2016.
- "Brian O'Neill QC prosecutes 'Britain's worst ever paedophile'- London Barristers Chambers". 2harecourt.com. 3 June 2016. Retrieved 9 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Paedophile Huckle Blames Abuse On 'Immaturity'". Sky News. 3 June 2016.
- "Paedophile Richard Huckle 'murdered' in prison". The Guardian. 14 October 2019. Retrieved 14 October 2019.