|28th United States National Security Advisor|
September 18, 2019 – January 20, 2021
|Preceded by||John R. Bolton|
|Succeeded by||Jake Sullivan|
|Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs|
May 25, 2018 – October 3, 2019
|Preceded by||Position established|
|Succeeded by||Hugh Dugan|
|Born||June 18, 1966|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Education||University of California, Los|
University of California,
Robert Charles O'Brien (born June 18, 1966) is an American lawyer and politician. He has worked privately and with the United States government. He was the 28th United States National Security Advisor from September 18, 2019 to January 20, 2021. He also is an ambassador with the U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs. He is a partner at Larson O'Brien LLP, a Los Angeles-based boutique law firm.
References[change | change source]
- Meyer, Dani. "11 Arent Fox Attorneys Decamp to Launch Litigation Boutique". Law 360. Law 360. Retrieved August 30, 2016.
- "Robert C. O'Brien". U.S. Department of State. U.S. Department of State. Archived from the original on June 23, 2018. Retrieved June 27, 2018.
- "Trump's national security adviser floats a 2024 bid with friends". Politico. Retrieved November 24, 2020.
Other websites[change | change source]
- State Department Cultural Property Advisory Committee
- Arent Fox listing for O'Brien Archived 2012-05-25 at the Wayback Machine