Roberta McCain at the 1992 launching of USS John S. McCain (DDG-56)
February 7, 1912
Muskogee, Oklahoma, U.S.
|Known for||Widow of Admiral John S. McCain, Jr.
Mother of U.S. Senator and former Presidential Candidate John McCain
|Spouse(s)||John S. McCain, Jr.
(m. 1933-1981, his death)
McCain was born on February 7, 1912 in Muskogee, Oklahoma. She had a twin sister. McCain was married to John S. McCain, Jr. from 1933 until his death in 1981. They had three children. On October 22, 2009, she was hospitalized in Portugal after she fell and injured her head.
References[change | change source]
- "Sen. McCain’s mother hospitalized in Portugal – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs". Politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com. 2009-10-23. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/23/sen-mccains-mother-hospitalized-in-portugal/. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
Other websites[change | change source]
- McCain's Mother, CNN, February 28, 2000.
- Shaping Character and Destinies: John McCain, National Public Radio, by Terry Gross, December 6, 2005.
- McCain highlights mother's age on Mother's Day May 14, 2007.
- Play of the Day: McCain's Mom on Mormons, November 9, 2007
- Ancestry of Sen. John McCain
- "The Firecracker", Style.com (condensed version of article for Vogue). August 2008.