|Roberta McCain (1912-2018)|
Roberta McCain at the 1992 launching of USS John S. McCain (DDG-56)
February 7, 1912
Muskogee, Oklahoma, U.S.
|Died||6 May 2018
|Known for||Widow of Admiral John S. McCain, Jr.
Mother of U.S. Senator and former Presidential Candidate John McCain
|Spouse(s)||John S. McCain, Jr.
(m. 1933-1981, his death)
Roberta Wright McCain (born February 7, 1912 - death 6 May 2018) was the widow of Admiral John S. McCain, Jr. and mother of the Republican Arizona Senator and two-time Presidential candidate John S. McCain III.
McCain was born on February 7, 1912 in Muskogee, Oklahoma. She had a twin sister. McCain was married to John S. McCain, Jr. from 1933 until his death in 1981. They had three children. On October 22, 2009, she was hospitalized in Portugal after she fell and injured her head.
She died on 6 May 2018 at the age of 106.
References[change | change source]
- "Sen. McCain's mother hospitalized in Portugal – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs". Politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com. 2009-10-23. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
Other websites[change | change source]
- McCain's Mother, CNN, February 28, 2000.
- Shaping Character and Destinies: John McCain, National Public Radio, by Terry Gross, December 6, 2005.
- McCain highlights mother's age on Mother's Day May 14, 2007.
- Play of the Day: McCain's Mom on Mormons, November 9, 2007
- Ancestry of Sen. John McCain
- "The Firecracker", Style.com (condensed version of article for Vogue). August 2008.