Roger Reece Kibbe
May 21, 1939
|Died||February 28, 2021 (aged 81)|
Ione, California, U.S.
|Cause of death||Homicide|
|Other names||I-5 Strangler|
|Conviction(s)||Murder (March 18, 1991)|
|Criminal penalty||Life imprisonment|
|Imprisoned at||Mule Creek State Prison|
Kibbe found all but one of his victims on the freeways around Sacramento, California. On May 10, 1991, Kibbe was sentenced to 25 years to life imprisonment for the murder of Darcie Frackenpohl and, at least initially, to serve his time at Pleasant Valley State Prison.
References[change | change source]
- Ramsland, Katherine (May 10, 1991). "Roger Reece Kibbe: The I-5 Strangler — The Strangler and the Court". truTV. Archived from the original on January 7, 2012.
- "Admitted Serial Killer Helps Police Search for His 1st Victim". Daily Press. Virginia. Associated Press. October 3, 2009. Archived from the original on February 2, 2014.
- "California IN BRIEF : SOUTH LAKE TAHOE : Man Sentenced in 'I-5 Strangler' Case". Los Angeles Times. May 12, 1991. Archived from the original on February 21, 2014. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "'I-5 Strangler' killed in prison; victims included Walnut Creek and Pittsburg women". March 1, 2021. Retrieved March 1, 2021.
- "'I-5 Strangler' Roger Reece Kibbe Killed In State Prison Attack". March 1, 2021. Retrieved March 1, 2021.
- "'I-5 Strangler' killed in prison; victims included Walnut Creek woman". Bay Area News Group. San Ramon, CA. March 1, 2021.