Roger Y. Tsien
Tsien in 2008
Roger Yonchien Tsien (錢永健)
February 1, 1952
New York, New York, U.S.
|Died||August 24, 2016 (aged 64)|
|Residence||San Diego, California|
|Thesis||The design and use of organic chemical tools in cellular physiology (1976)|
|Doctoral advisor||Richard Adrian|
|Roger Y. Tsien|
Roger Yonchien Tsien (simplified Chinese: 钱永健; traditional Chinese: 錢永健; pinyin: Qián Yǒngjiàn; February 1, 1952 – August 24, 2016) was a Chinese-American biochemist. He was a professor of chemistry and biochemistry at the University of California, San Diego. He was awarded the 2008 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his discovery and development of the green fluorescent protein with organic chemist Osamu Shimomura and neurobiologist Martin Chalfie.
References[change | change source]
- "Roger Y. Tsien, chemist shared Nobel for tool to research Alzheimer's, dies at 64". The Washington Post. 31 August 2016. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- Tsien, Roger Y. (1998). "The Green Fluorescent Protein". Annual Review of Biochemistry. Annual Reviews. 67 (1): 509–544. doi:10.1146/annurev.biochem.67.1.509. PMID 9759496.
- Anon (2006). "Professor Roger Tsien ForMemRS". London: Royal Society. Archived from the original on 2015-11-17. One or more of the preceding sentences incorporates text from the royalsociety.org website where:
All text published under the heading 'Biography' on Fellow profile pages is available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License." --"Royal Society Terms, conditions and policies". Archived from the original on September 25, 2015. Retrieved March 9, 2016.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- The Wolf Prize in Medicine in 2004 (detail)
- Anon (2016). "Roger Tsien EMBO Profile". people.embo.org. Heidelberg: European Molecular Biology Organization.
- "钱永健研水母发光盼助治癌 (Tsien hopes jellyfish fluorescence research can help cancer therapy)". Lianhe Zaobao (in Chinese). October 3, 2008. Retrieved October 4, 2008..
- "Roger Tsien at UCSD Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry". UCSD. 2008. Archived from the original (Official web page) on October 15, 2008. Retrieved November 4, 2008.
- "2008 Nobel Prize in Chemistry Laureates" (Official web page). The Nobel Foundation. October 8, 2008. Retrieved October 8, 2008.
- Tsien Nobel Prize lecture
- Tsien, Roger Y. (2010). "The 2009 Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting: Roger Y. Tsien, Chemistry 2008". Journal of Visualized Experiments (35). doi:10.3791/1575. ISSN 1940-087X. PMC 3152217. PMID 20072108.