Polák (right) playing for the Blues in 2013
April 28, 1986|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||227 lb (103 kg; 16 st 3 lb)|
St. Louis Blues
Toronto Maple Leafs
San Jose Sharks
|National team||Czech Republic|
180th overall, 2004|
St. Louis Blues
Roman Polák (born April 28, 1986) is a Czech ice hockey defenceman. He currently plays for the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League (NHL) and serves as their alternate captain. He has also played for the St. Louis Blues, Toronto Maple Leafs, and San Jose Sharks.
Career[change | change source]
Before playing in the NHL, Polák played parts of 1 season with the Kootenay Ice of the Western Hockey League (WHL) and half of 1 season with HC Vítkovice Steel of the Czech Extraliga. Polák played for Czech Republic during the 2004 IIHF World U18 Championships and the 2005 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships. He won a bronze medal at both tournaments. He was drafted 180th overall by the St. Louis Blues in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
On October 9, 2006, Polák made his NHL debut in a 2-0 loss against the Anaheim Ducks. On December 20, 2008, he scored his first NHL goal against Niklas Bäckström of the Minnesota Wild in a 4-2 win. On June 2, 2011, the Blues resigned Polák to a five-year contract extension.
References[change | change source]
- "Canada 2 Czech Republic 3". Hockey Canada. Retrieved 2015-10-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Alums from 2005 WJC should dominate in Sochi". NHL. Retrieved 2015-10-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Blues 4, Wild 2". St. Louis Blues. Retrieved 2015-10-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Polak Signs Contract Extension". St. Louis Blues. Retrieved 2015-10-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Leafs Acquire Polak From Blues For Gunnarsson". Toronto Maple Leafs. Retrieved 2015-10-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Other websites[change | change source]