Ronald Ray Cobb (September 21, 1937 – September 21, 2020) was an American-Australian cartoonist, artist, and movie designer. Cobb was born in Los Angeles, California.
He worked on many movies such as Dark Star (1974), Star Wars (1977), Alien (1979), Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), Conan the Barbarian (1982), Back to the Future (1985), The Abyss (1989), and Total Recall (1990).
Life and career[change | change source]
In his 18, Ronald was working as an artist for Disney Studios in Burbank, California. He became a breakdown artist on the Sleeping Beauty (1959). After his completing Sleeping Beauty in 1957, Disney laid Cobb off. After that he worked as a mail carrier, assembler in a door factory and served in army.
In 1969 Ronald designed the Ecology symbol, which then turned into the Ecology Flag.
Cobb died on September 21, 2020 in Sydney from Lewy body dementia on his 83rd birthday.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/us_eco.html
- ↑ Fortin, Jacey (September 23, 2020). "Ron Cobb, a Pioneer in Science Fiction Design, Dies at 83". The New York Times. Retrieved September 23, 2020.
Other websites[change | change source]
- 1937 births
- 2020 deaths
- Deaths from dementia with Lewy bodies
- Naturalised citizens of Australia
- American cartoonists
- American comics artists
- American animators
- American television writers
- Australian artists
- Writers from Sydney
- Australian movie directors
- Australian screenwriters
- Movie directors from Los Angeles
- Screenwriters from Los Angeles