Rosé at a fan event in Bundang, June 2018
11 February 1997
Auckland, New Zealand
|Residence||Seoul, South Korea|
|Other names||Park Chae-young|
|Home town||Melbourne, Australia|
|Years active||2012, 2016–present|
|Revised Romanization||Bak Chae-yong|
Roseanne Park is a New Zealand singer. She is based in South Korea and goes by the stage name Rosé. She is known for being a member of Blackpink, which as of 2019 is the highest-charting female k-pop group. She has also performed as a solo artist, with her song making it to number 10 on the Gaon Chart. Rosé is well known on social media in South Korea, with 13 million followers.
Rosé was born in New Zealand on 11 February 1997. At the age of seven, she moved to Australia. In 2012, she had an audition for YG Entertainment at the age of 15. She later signed with YG Entertainment and moved to South Korea.
References[change | change source]
- Herman, Tamar (22 October 2018). "BLACKPINK Sign With Interscope Records & UMG in Global Partnership With YG Entertainment: Exclusive". Billboard. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- Kim, Nemo (12 September 2018). "Rose from Blackpink – New Zealand-born K-pop singer with the unique voice and difficult dance moves". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "2012년 39주차 Digital Chart" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- Tan, Pakkee (15 April 2019). "BLACKPINK's Lisa is Now Officially the Most Followed K-Pop Idol on Instagram". E! News. Retrieved 30 May 2019.
- "BLΛƆKPIИK on Instagram: "#BLACKPINK #블랙핑크 #ROSÉ #로제 #HAPPYBIRTHDAY #2018_02_11 #YG"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-07-08.
- Wilder, Gabriel (27 June 2017). "BlackPink's Rose: How a joke turned into K-pop stardom for an Australian singer". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- Moon, Kat (4 April 2019). "Everything to Know About K-Pop Group BLACKPINK". Time. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- Ji, Seung-hoon (7 July 2018). "[Y기획②]멤버를 알면 '진짜' 블랙핑크가 보인다". YTN (in Korean). Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- Li, Caspar (11 February 2019). "4 things to know about K-pop star Rose, BLACKPINK's high-note singer". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Rosé Park at Wikimedia Commons